95 jt 350

weemo1rush

Hi after pulling apart my jt so i can do some routine jobs like bearing i have encountered a problem.

bikes all back together but wont start!!! checked plug and this sparks nice and fuel is going in. my only conclusion is when i pulled the carb apart i havent set it up Properly. Does anybody know the settings for the carb for idle and mix. i have fiddled around but it just wont go.

cheers dave

Hi after pulling apart my jt so i can do some routine jobs like bearing i have encountered a problem.

bikes all back together but wont start!!! checked plug and this sparks nice and fuel is going in. my only conclusion is when i pulled the carb apart i havent set it up Properly. Does anybody know the settings for the carb for idle and mix. i have fiddled around but it just wont go.

cheers dave

Did you check to see if timing is correct??

timming!! didnt go that far just pulled the lump out

Just a thought, I have the same bike and my son has the JT125, we had a similar problem and it turned out to be the wires to the coil. We had a spark with the tank and cover removed but when the tank was fitted and we tried to start it it woud'nt go.Only found the problem when it did actually start and then stoped as soon as I sat on the bike. I had to replace some of the wires and reroute them so the tank did'nt touch them.

I would be supprised if your carb settings would stop it from starting, just maybe make it run badly.

hope this helps.

TLTEL