New rider

davodavo

Hey there.

I used to ride trials as a lad and I am just about to buy a bike before i get too damn old! So far so good. The one thing that is putting me off is the sever lack suitable places to practice in worcestershire. I intend to enter local trials but would like to make a fool of myself somewhere less public to start off with :-)

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

Dave

The point is that you can compete almost every weekend without traveling too far and compared with other motorsports, relatively cheaply too.

Unfortunately competing is actually easier than trying to find somewhere to practice.

I'm not sure where abouts you are. If you are north of Worcester it would be worth trying Shatterford, I believe they allow riders to pay a small fee to practice and it is a reasonable place providing it is not too wet.

It is also well worth looking at the Earl Shilton Club (www.estc.co.uk) who own their own venue which is superb!

Further south it is not so easy, Top Farm near Broadway allow practicing but it is poor when wet.

You may also be able to ride at Nettleton Quarry between Cheltenham and Cirencester, but I am not sure who to contact for this venue.

I can find you somewhere to practice on Sunday 27th Feb if you'd give up a hour or two to Observe/Punch at the Colmore and you could ride around before/after if that's any help?

All the best.

Pete

Annoying isn't it. Got money to buy a decent bike. I've seen the ads on eBay, pistonheads and all the trials shops etc. But what's the point if there's nowhere to practice?

Yes, shatterford is a good place to practice, £10 for the day.

there are also a few other places not to far

When you get a bike let me know, I can always meet you there if you need a riding buddy :thumbup:

Edited by Monty_Jon