From the Frying Pan into the Fire in Rochester, Kent.

grizz

Well, here I am......

Which means I have joined the dark side.

Last night at 10.30pm my wife emailed a seller to say that I could buy a clean 2003 Scorpa SY250.

I spent about 15 minutes on the same bike a few weeks ago, outside the sellers garage and everything has gone from there.

I have been riding bikes since age 14, and am now 48.

Currently run a BMW R1200GS for my wife and I.

I always wanted to ride a trials bike and used to play about with off road type bikes in the past.

My intention is to enjoy myself..... maximum expectation is to be a novice dabber in a clubmans event or two every year.

I live in Rochester, Kent in the UK, so if there are places close by to go riding and freestyling, please let me know.

I will probably do more learning and reading on here, than contributing much, as I know zippo, nothing.

This was me wobbling about on it last time I saw it.

Any advice always accepted.

IMAG1034.jpg

Edited by Grizz

Have fun... ps try standing more on your legs, dont lean into turns look ahead keep your shoulders and toes pointing to where you want to be going keep your outside of turn elbow bent.etc etc etc you will get it all here good luck and remember that bike is a magnet for thieves so be discreet about riding it near where you keep it.

Have fun... ps try standing more on your legs, dont lean into turns look ahead keep your shoulders and toes pointing to where you want to be going keep your outside of turn elbow bent.etc etc etc you will get it all here good luck and remember that bike is a magnet for thieves so be discreet about riding it near where you keep it.

Thanks Chewy, pic was taken mainly to text to my wife....... :icon_salut:

I have Dan Thorpe's training DVD , and Jon and Pete who I will probably end up riding with are good teachers.

This was at my place on Jon's Beta last week, 10 minutes later, after a few corrections from him, my stance and balance was already improved.

Much to learn and practice I would think.

P1010542.jpg

And this is Jon, clearly more capable than me....... and a whole lot skinnier

P1010531.jpg

P1010539.jpg

Still, I will be learning and taking all pointers and advice.

I want to enjoy this so doing things right will help.

My best advice is don,t practice in trainers, always put your boots on even for a quick play. My dad taught me that when he put a foot peg inside his ankle practicing in the back garden 30 years ago.

I still won,t even start my bikes unless I have boots on!

Practice land is very hard to come by, but a lot of clubs are doing begginer and wobbler days which are good to get started, and fun.

Good luck

TLTEL

My best advice is don,t practice in trainers, always put your boots on even for a quick play. My dad taught me that when he put a foot peg inside his ankle practicing in the back garden 30 years ago.

I still won,t even start my bikes unless I have boots on!

Practice land is very hard to come by, but a lot of clubs are doing begginer and wobbler days which are good to get started, and fun.

Good luck

TLTEL

Advice noted TLTEL, years ago (20 plus years )I kick started an IT 250 that I had as it started rolling down a bank wearing only army boots, foot slipped off the kickstarter and shin hit the footpeg as hard as it could, resulting in a rupruted saphenas vein , and a home visit from the GP in the evening , and two weeks off work after being caught with the stupidly swollen leg at work and sent home....... trust me, you can only do nothing for so long, then it gets boring.

I am usually quite good at ATGATT

Hope to go "test ride" the bike over in Reigate on Friday to see if I am happy with it, and really want to buy it,seller has become a friend and wont sell it to me unless I am 100% happy...... I was happy to buy it after 15 minutes messing about in front of the garages.