newbie fantic 303 ?

thedog561

I am a newbie wanting to get into trials riding and have just picked up a slightly sorry fantic 303 although not sure if thats what it really is yet. I have two questions I am hoping someone can help me with.

The first question might seem daft but I am used to road and trails bikes where the gear selector is roughly on the toe. This Fantic has a lever miles away from the toe even if I had size 15 shoes which I don't. Is this usual on trials bikes or can I get a shortened lever?

The second is that the bike does not have a tailpipe, can anyone suggest a good place to get one at a keen price?

thanks

The Fantic 303 didn't have a 'visible' conventional looking tailpipe at the rear, it is hidden behind the rear subframe tube, so your bike probably has got one. If so you will see two small outlets near the top of the frame tube where it meets the mudguard.

This is a 303 Fantic, earlier model was red instead of yellow.

post-71-0-15279600-1301399480.jpg

Thanks for the advice t-shock, it looks like I need to just get out there and get used to the different style of gear change ! Thanks for the photo woody it looks very similar (but not brush painted black all over!).There are some differences and the exhaust box by the mudguard only has one outlet but i think you might well be right. I think I need to get the serial number and find out exactly what model it is. Thanks again