TR 280

neo

The Ossa now seems to be running fine. The idle was increased a bit which helped the stalling issues and the clutch is performing much better after playing with the handlebar adjustments. The bike managed a podium finish with a trophy at the trial this past weekend so it's performing great, you can't ask for much more than that. There was another Ossa, one of the very first ones released, competing in a higher grade and it was doing great also and finished the trial well.

cheers

have any of the 2012 bikes apeared in any other countrys yet and if so what are they like, and are they worth the money?

jsp

Apparently Delivery has been taken in Hong Kong .... Beauty (and worth) are in the eyes of the beholder :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

the clutch is performing much better after playing with the handlebar adjustments.

Thanks Samy.

Now that it's all setup and working (without drag?) for you could you tell me the distance (gap) between the handlebar grip and the clutch leaver when your clutch leaver is all the way out?

Best of balance.

Neo

Hi Claudio, the distance you ask for is 50-51mm on mine. The outer edge of my bar clamp is 182mm in from the bar end.

Have zero drag on mine and the disengagement - engagement area is the last 12-15mm full out. Also have no problems now with finding neutral which was very hard to find earlier on when the bike was newer.

Have you updated to a Ossa ?

The new 2012 Ossas are arriving in Australia next week so should be available within a couple of weeks.

Steveo

I will also mention that the bike is still completely impossible to shift into neutral while the engine is running. I like to shift into neutral while waiting in queue at a section to shake and rest my clutch hand. My Ossa mate who i rode with all day had to turn the bike off to do this.

In the rocky/bouncy sections the Ossa clearly excelled with that awesome rear shock.

Neo, I won't see the Ossa again for about 3-4 weeks.

cheers

Ok thanks Samy, ... no worries.

Hi Steveo,

You have obviously achieved something tha many have not and I congratulate you on that :thumbup: .... But what have you done to achieve that?

Just confirming I understand those measurements you've given me. Are you measuring from he closest point (usually mid-length point of the leaver) back to the bar/grip? Or are you measuring from the ball-end to the grip?

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

I will also mention that the bike is still completely impossible to shift into neutral while the engine is running. I like to shift into neutral while waiting in queue at a section to shake and rest my clutch hand. My Ossa mate who i rode with all day had to turn the bike off to do this.

In the rocky/bouncy sections the Ossa clearly excelled with that awesome rear shock.

Neo, I won't see the Ossa again for about 3-4 weeks.

cheers

this is nothing happened in my 2012 Tr280i about shift gear change into neutral , or what !

this is nothing happened in my 2012 Tr280i about shift gear change into neutral , or what !

HI Sunling,

Are you saying that can find neutral easily with the engine running?

Best of balance.

Neo

Hi neo,

Yes, my ossa is easily to shift neutral with engine running .

Bear in mind, you guys should use the good quality gear lubricants , I am using the best quality Italy pakelo lubricants MBK gear 75W specially for trials.

In before time, at Hong Kong many riders they are using the low quality lubricants , some even use the car's ATF oil. I am easy see a BETA when cold engine he starts his engine then he press clutch and shift gear the bike was gone in front almost 10 feets ....wakakakakakaka

You should use the proper good quality delicated gear lubricants, instead of just saving some cents

Bear in mind, you guys should use the good quality gear lubricants , I am using the best quality Italy pakelo lubricants MBK gear 75W specially for trials.

Very good point but I personally believe that a very good oil should also be affordable a easily to buy. So it can be changed regularly without spending a fortune. So I would invest my time finding that lubricant rather than paying the ridiculous prices that most motorbike shops charge for remarketed oil.

Best of balance.

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Have enjoyed reading all the opinion, very entertaining. I'm now in a panic over my clutch as it seems OK to me, I came from a Sherco which must have had a faulty clutch as I don't see a lot of difference, obviously avoided a problem by buying the OSSA.

Finding neutral, umm yes when stationary definitely had a challenge with that early on, easy if the bike was moving. Now its a non issue as I leave and start the bike in gear, waiting I just switch the bike off, that also stops the eyes of those behind from watering in the exhaust fumes.

Most noticable +ives:

Lighter

More power and tractable

Fantastic rear suspension

-ives

Hard starting initially - fixed with the new ignition map from Ossa

Needing to get a little hole drilled in the transmission housing - not done yet as works ok.

There is a 2012 model.

Needing to get a little hole drilled in the transmission housing - not done yet as works ok.

I wouldn't wait too long to get that done as that means your bike is currently running a dry gearbox which may even need replacing soon. :rolleyes:

I'd stop riding it if I were you :blink:

Best of balance.

Neo

Have zero drag on mine and the disengagement - engagement area is the last 12-15mm full out. Also have no problems now with finding neutral which was very hard to find earlier on when the bike was newer.

Hi Steveo,

Would you please share your setup secrets with us? :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

Have enjoyed reading all the opinion, very entertaining. I'm now in a panic over my clutch as it seems OK to me, I came from a Sherco which must have had a faulty clutch as I don't see a lot of difference, obviously avoided a problem by buying the OSSA.

Finding neutral, umm yes when stationary definitely had a challenge with that early on, easy if the bike was moving. Now its a non issue as I leave and start the bike in gear, waiting I just switch the bike off, that also stops the eyes of those behind from watering in the exhaust fumes.

Most noticable +ives:

Lighter

More power and tractable

Fantastic rear suspension

-ives

Hard starting initially - fixed with the new ignition map from Ossa

There is a 2012 model.

My 2012 will download map 12 soon, FYI my bike is map 11 when it,s arrive ....as I stated in another post.... My bike after 1 month ..... The starts runs verywelll only 1 or 2 kicks ....... May be their computer learned the data in the regions ......