oil pressure

hubba

hi there peeps,just on at this stuff,can any of you guys help me ,i have a 06 300cc gaser and have an on going problem that the gearbox oil pumps oil out the overflow pipe,i have had the pressure seals done which slowed it down a bit but has not cured it ,the guy who was paid to sort it has had it stripped right down twice now and dosn't seem to have a clue what the problem is ,he seems to think it's ok for your overflow pipe to be constantly full of oil and air pockets,even when theres only 200 ml in the thing,am starting to run out of ideas,HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP

hi there peeps,just on at this stuff,can any of you guys help me ,i have a 06 300cc gaser and have an on going problem that the gearbox oil pumps oil out the overflow pipe,i have had the pressure seals done which slowed it down a bit but has not cured it ,the guy who was paid to sort it has had it stripped right down twice now and dosn't seem to have a clue what the problem is ,he seems to think it's ok for your overflow pipe to be constantly full of oil and air pockets,even when theres only 200 ml in the thing,am starting to run out of ideas,HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP

You should run in the neighborhood of 400cc's in the trans.

The overflow tube should go up about 8 inches and loop down.

Check the clutch hub capscrew, which is a special one that

is drilled and has a shaved head. If it is missing, you may have

too much oil out the vent as it acts as a type of restriction in

the breather system.

Jon

Hi hubba, as Jon mentions check the clutch hub capscrew. It should have a hole drilled through it. A mate of mine had the same problem you describe and after stripping the engine down completely twice he finally discovered he had replaced the vent screw with a normal cap screw. Replacing it with the correct screw fixed the problem.

Hi hubba, as Jon mentions check the clutch hub capscrew. It should have a hole drilled through it. A mate of mine had the same problem you describe and after stripping the engine down completely twice he finally discovered he had replaced the vent screw with a normal cap screw. Replacing it with the correct screw fixed the problem.

Hi jon,as not to hopefully sound stupid what exactly is the hub capscrew,would it be the screw that holds on the clutch basket/hub the small allen key head 4mm?

Hi jon,as not to hopefully sound stupid what exactly is the hub capscrew,would it be the screw that holds on the clutch basket/hub the small allen key head 4mm?

thats the one, should have a small hole about 2mm

Should look like this:- Clutch Bolt

Edited by Monty_Jon

thats the one, should have a small hole about 2mm

Should look like this:- Clutch Bolt

another question for you jon,i have just replaced a cracked side casing,also a quardrant gear and a idle gear which was badly damaged and was told this was the problem as to why the side casing broke,just out on bike and after an hour the new side casing has just cracked the same way as the last one,the kick shaft has a little play in it but other shafts on other gaser has more slop than mine,the shaft was taken out but is nice and straight with no signs of wear on it at all,the casing seems to be breaking with the action on the kick start,am goin to send the new cracked casing back to gas gas for inspection hopefully to get another casing for free,would you have any knowledge on this as the shop were it was fixed seems to be as confused as i am,i have just left it back down there to be fixed again for the third time.any advise would be gratefully recieved,NEIL (hubba)

another question for you jon,i have just replaced a cracked side casing,also a quardrant gear and a idle gear which was badly damaged and was told this was the problem as to why the side casing broke,just out on bike and after an hour the new side casing has just cracked the same way as the last one,the kick shaft has a little play in it but other shafts on other gaser has more slop than mine,the shaft was taken out but is nice and straight with no signs of wear on it at all,the casing seems to be breaking with the action on the kick start,am goin to send the new cracked casing back to gas gas for inspection hopefully to get another casing for free,would you have any knowledge on this as the shop were it was fixed seems to be as confused as i am,i have just left it back down there to be fixed again for the third time.any advise would be gratefully recieved,NEIL (hubba)

I

THis is just a comment or FYI, about that bolt...

when my dad got his 2010 raga rep, LAST year... the importer to the USA removed that cap bolt and the washer that is in the bottom of the clutch basket, completely, and he recommended that I do the same with my 08 raga pro, kind of hinted all pro's don't need that bolt... I have a buddy with an 02 pro, that bolt has been gone since it was pretty new, never had problems with it.

I guess at least one these have come loose, for a couple of the big dogs over here in the USA? I haven't had my case open (well i should say, had it open and remembered) to take the bolt and washer (shaped like a hat) out of mine yet.

Looking to do more clutch adjusting, then I will... heck Ill be shaving some weight :closedeyes:

Edited by Sting32

• 2 weeks later...