NATC Round 2 results posted.

copemech

Man how the trials chat scene died since Craig and Ringo andLane have found other interests.Wondering why the great oil $ rich state of Texas couldnt come up with a purse to help the riders expense back home ? At least they didnt un necessarily risk the Pros health .

Ossa's? What ever, no Copemech in sight :blink:

I drive over 8 hours down to the Great Southern Dustbowl

just to get my Copey fix and guess what.....no show.

Who did show, however, was Lane Leavitt, minding for his

son Dan. It was great talking to him again and

meeting Dan, who is quite an accomplished rider. Lane has

appeared to have mellowed nicely and it was good

to see him back on a bike again.

Jon

I have a lot of excuses, and hate to miss a chance to see friends, but that place was not practicle for me to go visit, and not ride. It is basically in BFE!

Both my balance sheet and my admin(wife)have stated that untill I get the sprig through college, I do not have hundreds of dollars to spend on such trips.

What she does not know, is that I am saving for a new bike, in 12-13 range, rathole funds!

Hell, Jon may have a new bike before me! Ten years is enough, dude!

Man how the trials chat scene died since Craig and Ringo andLane have found other interests.Wondering why the great oil $ rich state of Texas couldnt come up with a purse to help the riders expense back home ? At least they didnt un necessarily risk the Pros health .

You are surely correct, Noel. Now I could have started some crap over this little situation with Pat and Cody, yet, I shall refrain.

I started to ask you at one point, yet it is what it is and seems, and the boys are just both riding well and such.

I am planning to post up a couple pics in the photo section you may like. I may need to limit the size, so if you want the orig's I will send them to you, let me know.

For those who wasn't there in the bfe dust bowl ! Sid did pull money out of his pocket or sorry envelops for the pros for Saturday, don't know about Sunday ! I was standing next to him and his wife Donna at the trophy presentation. So from me Thanks Sid & Donna.

SUPER Iguess Pat could have told me ,but no I embarass meself. I remember in the 80s TX had A WTC and Eddie Lejuene won a pair of freaky longhorns ,did they pay to get it on the plane or just somehow misplace them ,anyway my new topic will be about How come in about 6 years the Endurocross promoter has gotten into the X Games and US trials is still under all commercial radar. One beef w/ EX at X is they chose to run a womans class over the trials bike class ,I would say if they dont allow Ladies to ride trials biles they may not get much for entries. A better format would be a track designed to challenge trials bikes extreme enough to limit entrants to high EXP to Pro level.

Edited by northernnorm

Convince a promoter like Eric Peronnard that the sport of trials could generate revenue, and trials will start to reach the masses in the US. Until then, we will have a national series that remains stagnant, with pros occasionally recieving a purse thats less than I've won at some pitbike races. What a shame.

The idea of a trialscross race aimed towards pro/upper expert riders sounds awesome. Nothing against the women riders, but there are very few worth watching on an endurocross course. The one that the media was relentlessly pumping up for the Guthrie round was downright painful to watch, even when wearing her ISDE skunk helmet.

Edited by Motomofo1

Convince a promoter like Eric Peronnard that the sport of trials could generate revenue, and trials will start to reach the masses in the US. Until then, we will have a national series that remains stagnant, with pros occasionally recieving a purse thats less than I've won at some pitbike races. What a shame.

Very True

Noel, as this thread goes, obviouusly you did not ride it either, did you look at the pics?

Aw, f-it, I'll just send um to you, yet at the same time, I am sure you have a collection you are proud of already! Never too many though! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I very much doubt that a real pro scene is possible outside Europe. The concentration of skill is so concentrated and entrenched there that it will never be moved.