BSA BANTAM TRIALS

buzz9

Avise needed please.

Iam building a bsa bantam trials project , not for competition use .

can any one advise the best way to go to replace the front forks for more modern replacements that would be suitable for trialing .

I do not wish to spend a fortune and require replacements that do not require major engineering to fit .

I also understand that the bantam swinging arm will not take a modern 400 x 18 tyre with out it rubbing on the edge of the tyre .

Does any know how to widen the swinging arm ?

Help and advise appreciated

• 1 month later...

Hi

Sorry for delay, just read your post. I built a trials Bantam recently and came across exactly the issues you are asking about. You can take a look at the blog I wrote about it here http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/f1racing/bantam.htm

In short, you just need a Tiger Cub swinging arm (try Greystoke Engineering) as these are a bit wider,but are a straight fit for the Bantam frame.

As for forks, virtually any can be made to fit. If look at the blog I wrote, you can see how straightforward it is to convert almost any. With the plethora of off roaders now finding their way into the breakers yards, you will be spoiled for choice. If you get one complete with a 21" front wheel most of the problem will be solved for you.