New here and loving it! Help though

urbanassult

Well I just bought my first trials bike. An 08 txt 300 pro. What a bike! I have a few questions

1) this thing starts when it feels like it. Choke on, off, throttle, no throttle. Doesn't seem to have a pattern. Except when really hot. Then usually it will fire up on the first kick. But if it sits even for a few minutes it will be a pain. I'm gonna take a look at the jetting today, but don't know if it's too lean or rich. I suppose I could mess with the fuel screw to give me an idea.

2) can I use dot 5 in the clutch master?

3) bars and risers... I'm short and riding it feels like I have alot of pressure on the bars. I need to raise them about 1 inch. I bought it with s3 bars and the s3 adjustable clamps. What are my options here? Riding kinda hunched over.

3) fuel... Is 92 ok? I'm not hearing pinging, but font really want to either.

4) more of a technique question but how do you jump up onto something? It appears that you bounce and clutch it at the same time. I can't seem to find any videos to watch in slow motion.

5) where can I get that trick looking headlight? Mine came with one but an ugly one. I need to put the lights on it for the night missions. The previous owner cut the tail light wires right at the light. So if anyone has a headlight and tail light they aren't using I would be more than happy to take it off their hands for some beer money.

Thanks everyone and I'm excited to be in the trials game. Aloha from Hawaii!!

Well I just bought my first trials bike. An 08 txt 300 pro. What a bike! I have a few questions

1) this thing starts when it feels like it. Choke on, off, throttle, no throttle. Doesn't seem to have a pattern. Except when really hot. Then usually it will fire up on the first kick. But if it sits even for a few minutes it will be a pain. I'm gonna take a look at the jetting today, but don't know if it's too lean or rich. I suppose I could mess with the fuel screw to give me an idea.

They are tough to start till you get the technique down.. It takes a lot of force to kick start these bikes..I jump up a little and kick with my leg. Make sure you leave no room though, dont jab the kicker, make sure it's at TDC to get full kick out of it, atleast in my experience.

2) can I use dot 5 in the clutch master? NO

3) bars and risers... I'm short and riding it feels like I have alot of pressure on the bars. I need to raise them about 1 inch. I bought it with s3 bars and the s3 adjustable clamps. What are my options here? Riding kinda hunched over.

3) fuel... Is 92 ok? I'm not hearing pinging, but font really want to either.

4) more of a technique question but how do you jump up onto something? It appears that you bounce and clutch it at the same time. I can't seem to find any videos to watch in slow motion. Jap Zap, google it,

5) where can I get that trick looking headlight? Mine came with one but an ugly one. I need to put the lights on it for the night missions. The previous owner cut the tail light wires right at the light. So if anyone has a headlight and tail light they aren't using I would be more than happy to take it off their hands for some beer money. I have a headlight off a 2010 pro I dont use.. I need no lights, i need fuel.. So i use an aux tank up front... pm me if interested.

Thanks everyone and I'm excited to be in the trials game. Aloha from Hawaii!!

Answers inline above.. well atleast what i could answer.. enjoy your bike.. I love mine, and only ride my seated bikes when i have to to keep up with buddies.

Kicking when cold...full choke, no throttle.

Back in the early '00's, we used to drill our starter jets a little for easier starting.

No biggy going 2 or 3 steps bigger.

It's not a real critical jet size like a pilot or main jet.

I don't know if it's valid on your later model bike.

Got it!! Checked the fuel screw. It was only one turn out. I was reading somewhere on here that said it should be 3-4.5 out. I ended up at 3.25 out. Like a kitten baby!! One kick wonder now. As it should be. I have always started my bikes at TDC. I was getting p****d there for a while. That should make it that much more fun.