Derbyshire Dales Farce

d230

I stood and held that gate open for a few riders and I can tell you the wind was blowing so hard the gate almost knocked me off my feet, the wind was actually blowing it shut!

There was a rock on the grass that I used to hold the gate whilst I rode through, maybe someone wedged the gate open and left it like that!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guy's.

OK I will add to my earlier post.

Example:

My late Partner Kate, had the unfortunate experience,of having a straying bullock (a walker left the gate open) jump onto the bonnet of her car and then through the windscreen severing it's leg, (you can imagine what happened next). She never got over this experience for the rest of her life, and she was a tough cookie. But after the NFU paid up for the incident, the farmer that owned the stricken beast found that the next year his Insurance premium had trebled in price. So you see if the farmer/ rider involved with this current episode had experienced the same sort of incident, would he then let his land be used by iresponcible human beings that show no respect to the countryside code. I hope I am wrong. But would You still support a sport you love over financial infliction?

Regards Charlie.