Building Ossa's

copemech

Nonsense random comment, get back in your box

Nothing to do with risking anything, in all the initial blurb on the website they make a big thing about the forks

What's with the agro? Neo is merely pointing out that USDs are vulnerable in trials.

USD forks has been done before but there were problems with the mudgaurd stay arrangement whick meant there was too much flex in the front end. I was amazed there wasnt more damage to the forks but i dont recall a great number getting trashed.

USD forks has been done before but there were problems with the mudgaurd stay arrangement whick meant there was too much flex in the front end. I was amazed there wasnt more damage to the forks but i dont recall a great number getting trashed.

Yes in 2001 Beta did this and made quite a good job of placing a steel guard at the bottom of the USD legs.

When I was new into Trials I met a guy in a Trials park one day showing off his 2001 Rev3 and he even let me ride it. I told him I liked the ride but then asked him why there was so much dirt and oil around the front axle ..... I'm sure you guys can guess the rest but it did teach me that no matter how goods your guards are them rocks with get past em one day :(

You know I do agree that USD would be the best ride for Trials but they need some kinda super guard to prevent damage.

Who knows maybe we'll see OSSA use USD in indoor comps.

Best of balance.

Neo

Back when I was riding in the 1990's my 92' Gas Gas 327 had upside down forks. I was in junior grade during those years and my old man bought me the bike when it was 2-3 years old. I rode it for another 4 years or so during which time it was ridden weekly, and bi-weekly the forks were compressed for 2 hrs when tied in the trailer on the way to a comp. Also, being in junior i thrashed and dropped that bike something shocking yet it took it in it's stride. The factory fork guards did their work, the fork seals never leaked and were only changed once as part of regular servicing. Great bike, I miss it. I would say after my experience all those yeas ago that fork orientation wouldn't be a major factor in choosing a bike for me.

Cheers