Smage wins again!

copemech

Young Patrick hit the ground running today to take the penultimate round in the US Pro Series. He can relax tomorrow in the final round. (Like he ever lets up?)

Good to see Will Ibsen in the list today, taking a solid third after Cody. Seems he ain't lost much riding skills while in school!

I have to say I really enjoyed punching scorecards at section #9 yesterday,every single rider was polite regardless of the struggle getting through that mess of greasy rocks,punched so many threes it has to mean something mystic!

Scores actually got better after it poured down on us the second time and cleaned the rocks off. I REALLY wanted to ride our section when it was over but no way as I had only a helmet as protective gear and we were about as far away from the pits as possible. Next year wanna go back with my Fantic as the best rides by FAR through the Clubman ride were by the old white Montesa,he just seemed to cruise right through while all the modern bikes were twitching and skittering down through the slick rocks.

It was my first time watching the pros,the time limit was brutal! Much "motocrossing" to the end gate,but no one hit me :icon_salut:

I have to say I really enjoyed punching scorecards at section #9 yesterday,every single rider was polite regardless of the struggle getting through that mess of greasy rocks,punched so many threes it has to mean something mystic!

Scores actually got better after it poured down on us the second time and cleaned the rocks off. I REALLY wanted to ride our section when it was over but no way as I had only a helmet as protective gear and we were about as far away from the pits as possible. Next year wanna go back with my Fantic as the best rides by FAR through the Clubman ride were by the old white Montesa,he just seemed to cruise right through while all the modern bikes were twitching and skittering down through the slick rocks.

It was my first time watching the pros,the time limit was brutal! Much "motocrossing" to the end gate,but no one hit me :icon_salut:

That was Larry Holbert on that 'old white Montesa'. He's no joke and commonly wins Advance class trials against modern bikes on the Cota!!! He's AWESOME!!!

That was Larry Holbert on that 'old white Montesa'. He's no joke and commonly wins Advance class trials against modern bikes on the Cota!!! He's AWESOME!!!

The few times I've got to ride with Larry has always been a learning experiance ... Just a pleasure to watch him !

Glenn B)

the old white Montesa,he just seemed to cruise right through while all the modern bikes were twitching and skittering down through the slick rocks.

Good observation, its proof of how important the basics are and how little hopping and jerking matter (for the average rider), especially when its slippery

Edited by for artie

Not to take anything away from Larry, but didn't Kurt Comer have the lowest Support Line Score at a TTC National several years ago.

On an old Montesa as I recall.

Want to know his secret,breakfast every morning at the waffle house with them there grits.I busted his chops every morning and during the day asked how those grits where keeping him going.

the old montesa was good bug control to follow on loop trail.What fun!JR :thumbup::banana2::icon_salut: