What's it like to own?

jj65

As a prospective buyer of the OSSA, I would be really grateful if all you owners could say what you think, is it a good clubmans bike, is it worth the premium over the rest of the 2 strokes and has it been reliable?

Thanks

Hi

Got a standard tr280 a couple of months ago [wanted a Fajardo replica but couldn't find one]. No doubt it's a fantastic tool!! Had a mont 4RT before so the weight was a revelation, but can't believe how easy it is to ride in general. Grip is phenomenal and it's SO-O-O-O easy to hop around....

Quality is every bit as good as the Montesa and there have been no issues to date [it will be worth spending a bit of money to buy high quality Torx keys -I suggest snap-on if there's a van near you]. One thing, if you get a new one, once it's run in, spend a little time making incremental adjustments to the fuel position sensor [opposite side of the throttle body to the throttle quadrant] to get the mixture just so-then it will run beautifully cleanly.

Is it worth the premium? Without a shadow of a doubt-I've already put my name down for a new factory replica [whenever it comes out]

Enjoy and best wishes

Will-in-the-mud.

Bought bike in Dec, touch wood yet to have a problem in a trial. Completed every trial or practice. To be fair had a couple of issues, but sorted by Pennine and Ossa under warrenty. Recently changed to map 8, had to learn how to start it again, but will start within 3 kicks from cold every week. For a new bike out of the box, Ossa have done a great job.

The 280 is very smooth,with lots grip, wish I knew how to use it all. Last bike was a GG 250 Raga with a flywheel weight, which I thought was as good as it gets, one test ride on the Ossa changed that. The feel of the bike is great, very balanced and with the Ohlins shock no upgrades needed. The fuel injection removes the mid range power surge, which is always there on all the other 2 strokes I have tried. This is not a good thing to have for me, big steps are for watching others attempt. I bought a Beta 4 stroke and tried it for over a year, this is the best comprises so far.

My only issue with Ossa is the lack of clothing to go with the brand. Is it worth the extra, have a go on one is the only advice I can give.

Thanks for your info, does sound like a really nice bike, I'll be trying one out very soon :0). I really like four strokes, but the OSSA sounds like a great compromise between the 2's & 4's and a bit cheaper than a 4rt. The 2012 model sounds like it's had a few tweaks for the better, wonder how much more this will bump the price up? Currently saving the pennies and would like to buy right first time, as my previous trials life had a few Monts, Scorpa, Beta a Fantic and Yam TY, this one will have to last a few years at least.

• 1 month later...

Bought bike in Dec, touch wood yet to have a problem in a trial. Completed every trial or practice. To be fair had a couple of issues, but sorted by Pennine and Ossa under warrenty. Recently changed to map 8, had to learn how to start it again, but will start within 3 kicks from cold every week. For a new bike out of the box, Ossa have done a great job.

The 280 is very smooth,with lots grip, wish I knew how to use it all. Last bike was a GG 250 Raga with a flywheel weight, which I thought was as good as it gets, one test ride on the Ossa changed that. The feel of the bike is great, very balanced and with the Ohlins shock no upgrades needed. The fuel injection removes the mid range power surge, which is always there on all the other 2 strokes I have tried. This is not a good thing to have for me, big steps are for watching others attempt. I bought a Beta 4 stroke and tried it for over a year, this is the best comprises so far.

My only issue with Ossa is the lack of clothing to go with the brand. Is it worth the extra, have a go on one is the only advice I can give.

i agreed... but the ossa fashion will be soon in Oct-Nov.... the only choice is clice now at the moment !

Edited by sunlingkau