Oset 12.5 for my 3 year old

NAD1

Hi, my little boy is desperate to get on a trials bike and the Oset 12.5 sounds like the bike for him.

He is 3'2" (38 inches) on the Oset site it says up to 46 inches so he'll be good for a while before hitting the max height on it but is there a minimum height and is he tall enough for one?

Also, as an electric bike, does this mean that he can literally ride it anywhere (with me present) without me getting hassled??

Most of the time I would look to use the new ground in Milton Keynes but am thinking if we want to pop out for half an hour can we do so??

Thanks

very very grey area.. you can drive your mobility buggy anywhere without fear or favour until something happens and i suspect that much the same is true of kids electric toys ( ride on bikes and buggys) so the oset is not far if at all removed from them. however i'm sure that should an 'incident ' occur it would be as clear as daylight where the fault lie.

Its illegal to ride without land owners permission.

Doesn't matter what the motor is, electric, petrol or diesel.

Its illegal.

Standard is section 59, get two in 12 months on the same bike or person (they take VIN number and details of rider) and they seize and crush the bike.

That said, the chances of anyone calling the police when your riding a silent bike, safety and out of harms way is low - but the rules are the rules and you cant moan if they are enforced.

At that height he should be fine. My boys were riding 12.5's at that size.

My experience with riding out with my boys has been positive. If you can control your child and are respectful of other people and the land you use, you shouldn't have any problems.

Most people we bump into are intrigued with the bikes. I always take the time to explain the bikes Eco credentials, silent, no oil, zero pollution etc. That always seems to go down very well.

Take the plunge, you won't regret it.

At that height he should be fine. My boys were riding 12.5's at that size.

My experience with riding out with my boys has been positive. If you can control your child and are respectful of other people and the land you use, you shouldn't have any problems.

Most people we bump into are intrigued with the bikes. I always take the time to explain the bikes Eco credentials, silent, no oil, zero pollution etc. That always seems to go down very well.

Take the plunge, you won't regret it.

Both my daughters started riding before the age of three on the 12.5 Oset with stabilisers fitted. The younger one who is now three and a half is just about ready to ride without them.

I don't take the girls out riding on the pavement or in public areas, but we do occasionally ride along a local disused railway line dedicated as a cycle path and I've not had any complaints so far. I follow closely on my mountain bike. Two young girls wearing pink helmets on electric bikes actually get positive comments.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Edited by Pete_Scorpa3

Cheers guys.

Wasn't for a minute thinking of riding on private land without permission. Was thinking more about going to the park, shop etc etc.

Local kids fly around on electric scooters without problem so guessing/hoping an Oset is the same.

Plus, as mentioned got practice ground in MK, whack bike in boot and go whenever.

Any idea on cost price on a 12.5?

There is a local family who use take their grandson's on the local footpath, (disused railway line), that has "wardens" they have no trouble as they, (the wardens), see them as a "toy". Providing the power stays below a certain level they are treated as any other electric toy. The Police are only interested if they are involved in an incident where they consider there was a lack of "supervision".

There is a local family who use take their grandson's on the local footpath, (disused railway line), that has "wardens" they have no trouble as they, (the wardens), see them as a "toy". Providing the power stays below a certain level they are treated as any other electric toy. The Police are only interested if they are involved in an incident where they consider there was a lack of "supervision".

Perfect, that's what I figured would be the answer but thought I'd gauge other peoples views/experiences.

I'd always be with him on foot or on MTB but as practice goes that sounds ideal as he can in theory ride a bit every day.

Now how do I convert the Raga to electric so I can go anywhere, anytime? ;)