Speedo drive sherpa 350

pugslee

Hi Help please

I have a sherpa 350 1978 which has the speedo drive missing. It has in its place the speedo spacer from Bultaco uk. I have now got hold of a working speedo drive and wondered if any body can tell me how it fits. Does the drive go up against the swing arm then a spacer between the drive and wheel or does it have a spacer both sides. If any body has a photo that would be great and does anybody have the spacer sizes (with in mm)

Thanks

Hi Help please

I have a sherpa 350 1978 which has the speedo drive missing. It has in its place the speedo spacer from Bultaco uk. I have now got hold of a working speedo drive and wondered if any body can tell me how it fits. Does the drive go up against the swing arm then a spacer between the drive and wheel or does it have a spacer both sides. If any body has a photo that would be great and does anybody have the spacer sizes (with in mm)

Thanks

why would you want one?

thanks for reply

do you know the with of the 2 spacers that sit either side of the drive.

Thanks

The long spacer goes between rear hub and speedo drive, the smaller one between speedo drive and swing arm/rocker:

S35C-111081817050.jpg

Some speedo drives have the long spacer already attached, like here:

DSC08245.JPG

all parts shown here goes to the speedo drive:

- first the thin washer in the middle top,

- then the rotatable arm in the right,

- then the cover cap.

The washer or spacer between speedo drive and swingarm is not shown in the pic, this spacer is about 3mm thick.