Day 1 results Japan

jordi

Noted from the results that positions 12th,13th & 14th only managed one 3 each, 15th finisher a full house of 5,s. Still all scored world championship points!

According to Jitsie's Twitter feed the sections are like swamps due to heavy rain. I remember from my one trip out there when it rains, it REALLY rains.

Lets face it... Japan is a hell of a long way away and it costs the earth to ship teams out there, so the "also rans" are not going to make the effort (nor foot the expense) of flogging out to the Orient. The Japanese organisers obviously wanted as many entries in the Championship class as possible so probably asked for "volunteers" to make up some numbers.

The biggest worry is the gulf between the Bou/Raga combination and the rest of the runners, even when they are in Europe!! Its hardly exciting or nail-biting...

Don't get me wrong, Bou and Raga are fantastic and their skills are incredible, but the Championship is a nonsense as it is consistently just a two horse race.

Financially, something needs to change to make it more viable because the expense of putting the show on the road for all manufacturers must be crippling. If we do head into another recession, I expect to see a trimmed down WTC.

The biggest worry is the gulf between the Bou/Raga combination and the rest of the runners, even when they are in Europe!! Its hardly exciting or nail-biting...

Don't get me wrong, Bou and Raga are fantastic and their skills are incredible, but the Championship is a nonsense as it is consistently just a two horse race.

Financially, something needs to change to make it more viable because the expense of putting the show on the road for all manufacturers must be crippling. If we do head into another recession, I expect to see a trimmed down WTC.

Even on all my travels, I've not heard a single person who doesn't think the World Championship is buggered. The problem is how to fix it. Plenty ideas being thrown about but nothing overwhelming one way or another and the FIM aren't the best at making decisions...

Even on all my travels, I've not heard a single person who doesn't think the World Championship is buggered. The problem is how to fix it. Plenty ideas being thrown about but nothing overwhelming one way or another and the FIM aren't the best at making decisions...

Forget about Bou and Raga and mark it so that the every countrys national riders can have a go and get through 4 or 5 sections they way it used to be.

Looking at the lack of attendance, seems like most of the WC Riders agreed as a group to miss Japan. Lots of missing talent!

I wonder if Kuriyoma's Yamaha is a pre-production new Yamaha or an old Scorpa.

Its the scorpa I'd guess? or maybe their exiting WSB for a full on assault at trials !