What's The Solution to the WTC?

gizza5

I am quite certain that a few years back some of us were discussing this exact topic... back then, my thoughts were no different than they are now!

No stop (as much as it pains me to say it)

NO minders

Go back to having a substantial loop trail (interzone)

All of this will naturally alter the style and severity of the sections. Ultimatley though, the FIM needs to mandate some changes, and the clerks of the course (promoters) need to make a conscious effort to be different too. I still think that a good portion of the sections can be made visible to the public, without it being a man made stadium section in parking lot.

What about having a wider range of types of trial in the WTC, including sections the average club rider can recognise as being part of the same sport. Remember the British world round near Petersfield in the late '80s which Steve Saunders won (was it called Butser Limeworks)? Huge gnarly fourth gear muddy climbs! It was a wet horrible day but spectacular for the crowds.

I totally aggree that with no minders, sections slightly altered, and going back to no stop, you wont need a time limit. By doing those type of things, the sections will almost automatically change themselves.... I sure thought that some of the sections featured in the Japan WTC left a bit to be desired as far as how they looked, and if they were interesting enough for the riders.

Not enough riders riding in the WTC, or each countries Nationals, so factories cannot afford to sponsor many riders, and have a team. This gets reflected in the price of the bikes, which in turn, stops more people at the other end ( starting out) from getting into the sport. Also, less riders riding,= less people watching = less PR= less sponsorship for the factories. Its all intertwined mate! Less people riding world rounds = less money for the factories. They are in it for a business, and to make money. If they dont, they disappear, and eventually if it keeps up, so will the sport in the long run!