2011 world title

apexmetrology

Bou is on 184 points

Raga is on 174 points.

If Raga wins tomorrow, with 20 points for a win that would put him on 194 points.

Therefore in order for Raga to win the Championship (if he wins tomorrow), Bou must finish in 7th position or lower (9 points for 7th would put him on 193)

I think it's a pretty fair assumption that, barring mechanical failure or an accident, Bou finishing 7th is not about to happen!

Thanks for the maths on a Saturday evening. Should be quite an interesting day though as I was expecting Mr Bou to run away with the title this year. Was at isola 2 years ago and it was a great event. Wish I was there !

I was too and it is a good natural venue with a great variety of hazards.(the air strip landings were something else!!!)

What I think is surprising considering the experience of that 2009 event why the mont HRC guys didn't get Bou to shadow Raga and get a move on before the rain.

That could have been Dougies 100th win had it not been mechanical/mechanic failure.

What happened?

Second lap think Dougie had heard the forecast and was a bit in front of Raga.he got to section 4 I think before the rain started and transformed the sections.

Something went wrong with the clutch and it needed the hose swapping but the mechanic split the brake or vice versa. Anyway 20 minutes later raga had passed him and dougie had most of the remaining sections slippery and dropped too many to podium.Something like that anyway.