Lots of woes - TXT 2000 280

trialtrial

Thanks for the tip. I polished up the hub and the basket (buffer wheel) and put it all back together. It all wwent back togtehr very well. Kick starter works great. Hopefully I can test the clutch tomorrow.

However, the plot continues...

I went to rebuild the clutch master cylinder, pulled it apart, then opened up the new parts. Hmmm - its quite different. Was there a parts update to the clucth m.c.? The piston is different, although the same diameter. The spring length are different, although when combined with the piston, the overall lengths are close. And the new rubber end seal is way too large.

Suggestions? Use it as is?

It looks like you got a rebuild kit for the rear master cylinder, not the front.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update:

- Clutch back together, clutch MC back together. Used dino 5W30. Much much better, just some drag not a real bother though.

- Kick starter works just great.

- I replaced the rectifier for the fan with a 35A 600V bridge one. All works fine now. Although I tested the thermo switch it was still getting too hot, so I hardwired the fan until I get a new switch.

Thanks all for the help.

• 3 months later...

Well I figured out the kickstarter problem. There is an aluminum collar that is press fitted onto the shaft. On the collar there is an indent for the kick start spring. This was not aligned with the kick start spring hole, so it rode up higher on the shaft, causing the whole assembly to be crushed together when the case was bolted down.

OK one down, two to go...

Hi, I have the same problem, my kickstart binds when the clutch case is on tight. Can you give me more information (part number of a picture of the aluminium collar and how it should look)

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Just an update:

- Clutch back together, clutch MC back together. Used dino 5W30. Much much better, just some drag not a real bother though.

- Kick starter works just great.

- I replaced the rectifier for the fan with a 35A 600V bridge one. All works fine now. Although I tested the thermo switch it was still getting too hot, so I hardwired the fan until I get a new switch.

Thanks all for the help.

Would this do the trick?

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/displayProduct.jsp?sku=1467474&CMP=e-2072-00001000&gross_price=true