bash plate

bondy

hi all ive been trying to buy a affter market bash plate for my 199A from todotrials but i cant seem to order one. ive filled the details in but i jus keep getting some message about shipping not got a clu must be a easy way?

• 2 weeks later...

HI guys ive just got a new bash plate from todo trials in spain im having troubel putint it on the engin is in ive tryed it on a spare frame and it gose on just have to pull it abit with a driver throw the holes. i spoke to dave from bultaco uk he said they can be a buger to get on. and he allso said undo the bolts that hold the engin. i think this may be the problem theres abit of play before everythings tightend up to allow you to get the plate on i think this is my problem you agree?

HI guys ive just got a new bash plate from todo trials in spain im having troubel putint it on the engin is in ive tryed it on a spare frame and it gose on just have to pull it abit with a driver throw the holes. i spoke to dave from bultaco uk he said they can be a buger to get on. and he allso said undo the bolts that hold the engin. i think this may be the problem theres abit of play before everythings tightend up to allow you to get the plate on i think this is my problem you agree?

Yep!

In my personal experience with bash plates that are an integral part of the frame this is the way to do.

If You ever do a complete rebuild and want to remount the engine to the frame (where the bash plate is a bearing part of the frame), make sure you have mounted the bash plate first, (just mounted, the bolts are mounted but not thigtened). Thgis makes the assambly much easier.

One thing to note as your bike (model 199a) have the "weak/thingy" headsteady, please make sure that the headstady is mounted without any stress/force!

The headstady has to fit on spot and the bolt to the frame has to be thigtened at last, (which may result in unthigtening the cylinder head too if the hole of the headstady will not match to the bolt hole for the frame!)

Doing so you will avoid any overstress to the headstadyplate.

Yep!

In my personal experience with bash plates that are an integral part of the frame this is the way to do.

If You ever do a complete rebuild and want to remount the engine to the frame (where the bash plate is a bearing part of the frame), make sure you have mounted the bash plate first, (just mounted, the bolts are mounted but not thigtened). Thgis makes the assambly much easier.

One thing to note as your bike (model 199a) have the "weak/thingy" headsteady, please make sure that the headstady is mounted without any stress/force!

The headstady has to fit on spot and the bolt to the frame has to be thigtened at last, (which may result in unthigtening the cylinder head too if the hole of the headstady will not match to the bolt hole for the frame!)

Doing so you will avoid any overstress to the headstadyplate.

hi thanks for your help i thought it would be that. ill let you know how i get on cheers bondy