TL 250 Keihin Carb

kramit

Hi,

I have a Keihin 24 MM from a TL 250. I want to richen the Needle or Needle Jet. The Needle Jet has no numbers at all and the Needle is a 273003. This Needle does not exist according the keihin Dist. here in the states. Can anyone tell me what Needle/Needle Jet is stock in their TL 250 and any options to go to a richer setting. Main Jet is already been eliminated as a possibility.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a Keihin 24 MM from a TL 250. I want to richen the Needle or Needle Jet. The Needle Jet has no numbers at all and the Needle is a 273003. This Needle does not exist according the keihin Dist. here in the states. Can anyone tell me what Needle/Needle Jet is stock in their TL 250 and any options to go to a richer setting. Main Jet is already been eliminated as a possibility.

Thanks

Sounds like you are screwed! :thumbup:

Gday, many needles are OEM - designed for the particular bike they are in. You can adjust the needle jet by opening it up with a number drill, this has the effect of richening the entire range of the needle (do this only after adjusting the needle itself). If the needle has no adjustment notches you can lift it by placing a flat washer under the head of the needle. I think they need a 3mm washer from memory. Before any of this - why do you want to change it? Is the bike lean? Flat spots? How does the plug look?

Cheers,

Stork

Gday, many needles are OEM - designed for the particular bike they are in. You can adjust the needle jet by opening it up with a number drill, this has the effect of richening the entire range of the needle (do this only after adjusting the needle itself). If the needle has no adjustment notches you can lift it by placing a flat washer under the head of the needle. I think they need a 3mm washer from memory. Before any of this - why do you want to change it? Is the bike lean? Flat spots? How does the plug look?

Cheers,

Stork

[/quote

Gets kind of flat in the middle of the powerband. The needle has 5 positions. I will try and space the needle up with a spacer, probably equal to the distance between 2 clip positions.

Thanks