RTL250SF engine parts compatibility with other models

fufu30400

Hi,

Everybody who has this fantastic bike knows perfectly that it's not a piece of cake to find parts ... I'm in trouble at the moment because my spindle gearshift is bent and I'm afraid to break it if I try to fix it ...

On the other hand, the one on TLR 200 seems to be the same according to the fiche that can be seen on CMNSL site even if part number is a bit different (beginning "24610" is the same in both cases)so I wonder if it could fit what would be great because it's available on CMNSL site or others. So, has anyone tried this compatibility ? Is it true that bottom engine has a lot of items in common (I mean gearbox except gear ratio of course) with the RTL ?

Thanks for any information,

Victor

• 1 month later...

Victor,

Honda part numbers, in the USA at least, are a 3 component number, i.e. 24610-355-000. The first number is the part, 24610=spindle gear shift. The second number, 355 is the product code or model of bike. 355=TL125. The third number can be color codes or manufacturer code. THe important number for you is the middle number, the product code. This number tells you what model bike the part first appeared on.

You will need to find out what the product code for your bike is, you can try the internet. There is a Honda Identification guide for American Hondas that gives that info for every Honda model sold in the US between 1959-2000 I believe, doesn't help you though, sorry.

Point being you need to determine your bike model number and the model the part originated on. This part may not be exclusive to the RTL which would be in your favor.

I hope this helps.