Places to Camp/Ride in SoCal - Arizona

trialtrial

Hey gang, for all of you around the world who have travelled to Palm Springs or Pheonix - any suggestions for a place to camp with the trailer and places to ride single track or enduro? We are looking to go down in Feb/March for a bunch of weeks to get away from the Canadian snow/rain. I need a plcae that has wifi/cel coverage as I will still be working.

thanks!

Hey gang, for all of you around the world who have travelled to Palm Springs or Pheonix - any suggestions for a place to camp with the trailer and places to ride single track or enduro? We are looking to go down in Feb/March for a bunch of weeks to get away from the Canadian snow/rain. I need a plcae that has wifi/cel coverage as I will still be working.

thanks!

I lived in Palm Springs in the late 70's thru the early 90's ... Used to be able to ride all over the valley , And you could ride up to the high desert too . But with all the land closures and OHV registration laws , I'd check with some local bike shops and or clubs to see if you can even ride a non green sticker-ed bike without the law taking it or fining you , and just wrecking you vacation !!!

Good Luck ...

Glenn B)

PS. There was even maybe a world round?? in the desert below Big Bear back in the 90's ,And there may still be a riding area off highway 18/247 around Camp Rock Road ? Google it ...

PSS. Contact www.socaltrials.com And they can tell if they still ride in the Lucerne Vally and what the laws may be ...

Edited by axulsuv

I lived in Palm Springs in the late 70's thru the early 90's ... Used to be able to ride all over the valley , And you could ride up to the high desert too . But with all the land closures and OHV registration laws , I'd check with some local bike shops and or clubs to see if you can even ride a non green sticker-ed bike without the law taking it or fining you , and just wrecking you vacation !!!

Good Luck ...

Glenn B)

PS. There was even maybe a world round?? in the desert below Big Bear back in the 90's ,And there may still be a riding area off highway 18/247 around Camp Rock Road ? Google it ...

PSS. Contact www.socaltrials.com And they can tell if they still ride in the Lucerne Vally and what the laws may be ...

thanks for the info - I will check it out.

The hard part is single track enduro in the Palm Springs region

most single track we ride is likely to have snow that time of year

here is a link to trials sites socaltrials

Single track enduro I am thinking Big Bear, Keysville, Piutes, and Coral Canyon in San Diego

We ride trials often in the High Desert 247 Camp Rock road Johnson Valley OHV