Young Dan

toofasttim

Dan is virtually unbeatable on the National cicuit, I hope he has a good bonus scheme worked out with Gas Gas.

It is without question though that the moment the trials move up a gear (WTC/UEM, Brit rounds) he seems to dropback off the pace, I guess thats why Shaun Morris concentrates on practice rather than the 6 days etc.

so will we ever know if shaun morris could beat dan thorpe in a uk national.if you move up a gear to the british championship it appears that colley can beat morris but could morris beat dan up scotland,this appears common ground as colley rides in the ssdt,a proper trial!.dan beat colley last year in the ssdt but colley was british champion,all very confusing!.my answer is why do the factory not importer supported riders do all the nationals,they used to do.i would like to bet that dan could hold his own with any body in a proper road based uk national trial,what do you think?.yes i am do admire dan thorpe and his input into the uk trials scene as i do jarvis,connor,etc.what do you lot think?.uk road based trials are on the up,where are world championship trials going?.

I can never quite get my head around the words "Road Trials" it leaves me cold and thinking why are trials bikes being ridden on the roads? Anyway, I would expect Dan to do very well at the SSDT he's ridden it enough times!! But i doubt he can beat Jarvis. Connor is on the mend so he will be looking for a win and for my money Jarvis and Connor are both better then Morris and Thorpe. Keep this post alive until the SSDT if Thorpe, Morris beats Jarvis, Connor i'll....... ummm..... say you was right. visa versa if i'm right thou!

What about Thorpe beating Javis and Connor at Hawstone Park - no chance there :D

Edited by spud

When I said "best of the rest" I should have clarified it. What I meant was he's the best of the non W/C regulars in the UK.

Road-trials Spud, tradition. Just use public roads to join groups.

so your saying dan is a prity good uk rider (a bit like a lot of good clubman). rides his bike on the road and something about 'group joining?' he's well off the pace of Jarvis, Connor and Baker, but is improving (a bit like a good clubman) :D

TooFastTim, why not say Dan is a very talented rider at uk national level and is moving up the leader board - that's how i see him.

just goes to show southern riders are better than northern

Edited by spud

just goes to show southern riders are better than northern

Jarvis, Connor & Baker? is that it, nobody else from down South worth mentioning? You've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about the North/South divide, why?

PS.

Are you saying that Dan Thorpe is a good clubman rider? :D

I thought Jarvis had defected, and adopted yorkshire as his home land. :D

Glen, Inter centre team trial what team did jarvis ride for? ;)

Nigel, you got me on that one :D

Kinell, bee in my bonnet? never :D

Dabster - 20:1, more like 50:1, he wins a national a week, sometimes two! Straightforward national sections no one can beat thorpe, put him in a stream and he will clean it 9/10, put him on big rocks and he simply doesnt produce, where jarvis, morris, baker come into their own, hence dan gets knowhere in wrld rounds.

YOUNG DAN - ISNT HE ABOUT 27?!