Sorry, but...

cabby

Yes I know, the same boring old questions but, I have just cancelled my contract with Beta and moved to Gas Gas in a deal worth the 12 hour round trip I'm just home from, so sorry about these questions but I just want to go to bed, wake up and have some answers as I honestly can't be bothered searching....so.....

09 125

How much gear oil ?

It seems to be geared for the road (I want it geared for trials) So what's best gearing for it ?

It has a 44 ( I think on the rear) and a 49 spare, what's best ??

Cheers from a weary traveller :icon_salut:

Edited by Thedbf

Gearing on a gasser is alot different from the Beta. First gear on the Beta was usually worthless, Take the time to try it out, as you already have the spare sprocket.

Yes I know, the same boring old questions but, I have just cancelled my contract with Beta and moved to Gas Gas in a deal worth the 12 hour round trip I'm just home from, so sorry about these questions but I just want to go to bed, wake up and have some answers as I honestly can't be bothered searching....so.....

09 125

How much gear oil ?

It seems to be geared for the road (I want it geared for trials) So what's best gearing for it ?

It has a 44 ( I think on the rear) and a 49 spare, what's best ??

Cheers from a weary traveller :icon_salut:

Edited by lineaway

When we had one I think it was 9 front 48 rear for a 125. It did come from the factory with those sprockets fitted.

As for Gearbox oil about 450ml of Dexron 2 or 3 seems to be the favourite although I am trying the Plutoline Nano-Tech stuff to see what we think.

I'm terribly sorry, i wasnt aware i had to explain my trials bike buying policy to the membership of trials central, but seeing as it seems i do i shall. On 21st December i part exchanged my 2010 sherco for a new 2012 sherco, yesterday lunchtime i sold my beta 270 then in the evening bought a gas gas 125.

I sincerly hope that meets your approval and fully explains any confusion that may have occured, finally, if you have nothing to add in regards helping me with the original post questions, please movealong, there is nothing for you to see here.

I'm terribly sorry, i wasnt aware i had to explain my trials bike buying policy to the membership of trials central, but seeing as it seems i do i shall. On 21st December i part exchanged my 2010 sherco for a new 2012 sherco, yesterday lunchtime i sold my beta 270 then in the evening bought a gas gas 125.

I sincerly hope that meets your approval and fully explains any confusion that may have occured, finally, if you have nothing to add in regards helping me with the original post questions, please movealong, there is nothing for you to see here.

while your explaining things, what cc is the sherco?

Edited by Nigel Dabster