oset 16 -vrs- 175lbs.

ridgeracer

I have seen video's of dads on the 16" bike.

Has any dads busted this cool little bike? I'm trying to teach my 5y old trials riding, but my smallest bike is a ktm 250 xc.

I'd hate to taco his wheels or break the frame. Any coments whould be helpful.

I can ride my daughters 36v across the garden but it struggles with my weight and the battery would soon go flat if I tried to ride it far. I don't think you would do much damage to it, but it's not really a viable option.

:D

Doug-Alfie.jpg

Cool pic!

My son is loving his 16" 36v.

He feels much more confidant on the Oset vs. his Honda 50.

He still wants the training wheels on the Honda, not needed while on the Oset. It took him some time to get his balance, Two days on a glider bike & now the 16" Oset is all that it took. {We have achieved balance}

This is a great bike for kids to learn on.

Thank Oliver & Dad

• 1 month later...

I did some upgrades to my daughter's 16". Hanging out in the garage with my buddy lead us to having a pint or two. Next thing you know we felt obligated to "test" the upgrades. It pulled us up and down the little skate ramp in the driveway, allowed some basic hopping and even tolerated a couple of deer hops. The front brake was even strong enough to support some nose wheelies. I was amazed that we didn't at least snap a footpeg off. I try to avoid riding it as I don't want to face the look she would give me if I broke it, but for what its worth, it held up fine that day. I am a pretty heavy guy so I probably exceeded their design spec by about 4X! Yous said you weigh 175 lbs, so put my daughter on your back and you are close to my wieght. :beer:

Edited by betarambo