Fantic 205 Forward Kick Motor Questiuon

youthy

Hi all i have been offered a fantic 205 monoshock thats in pretty good condition, when i went to look at it i noticed its a forward kick motor with sprockets on the right hand side similar to a twinshock pro engine? Just wondered if its the same engine and if so whats its value? was thinking of buying it to break to help someone out with a twinshock project. Also is it a 156 motor?

yes 156. The 205 is a great bike, why break it?? Two on ebay at the moment 650 and 900 start price The forward kicks all were derived from the first 212 motor in the 240 with changes. The 240 motor had small clutch basket and the LHS main was oiled from the gearbox. All later, incl. the 205 had big clutch and normal main lubrication.

Edited by Lee Harris

yes 156. The 205 is a great bike, why break it?? Two on ebay at the moment 650 and 900 start price The forward kicks all were derived from the first 212 motor in the 240 with changes. The 240 motor had small clutch basket and the LHS main was oiled from the gearbox. All later, incl. the 205 had big clutch and normal main lubrication.

Hell,I've been tempted to stuff my 240's engine into my 309...