Fantic 200 Minarelli Clutch Advice

spawtydawg

Hi, I was riding a trial last Sunday and on the third lap whilst waiting to start a section

I had put the bike into gear and the bike took off with me still holding the clutch lever in.

This happened intermittently for the remaining 4 sections where the problem seemed to rectify

itself. Also at the time the clutch lever freeplay tightened up. Is it possible that the clutch

was overheating causing the plates to stick together?

Also could anyone advise me of the correct amount/type of gear oil I should be using.

Thanks in advance.

HI, I ALSO TEND TO FIND THIS SORT OF THING HAPPENS , ITS GENERALLY WHEN THE BIKE IS GETTING QUITE HOT AND WHEN IT HAS DONE A LOT OF WORK, I ALSO TEND TO HAVE TO MAKE MINOR ADJUSTMENTS (AT THE LEVER) DURING THE TRIAL . THE BEST OIL THAT I HAVE USED FOR A LONG TIME NOW IS 250CC OF LIGHT GEAR OIL AND 250CC OF ATF .DESPITE HAVING REPLACED ALL THE CLUTCH COMPONANTS THE PROBLEM STILL OCCASIONALLY CROPS UP.TO ME ITS NOT A BIG DEAL THE CLUTCH ACTION IS FINE,NEVER DRAGS, SO I JUST LIVE WITH IT.MY BIKE IS A 300 BUT MY 200 IS JUST THE SAME.