Tlr De-compresor

superhondaman

Looking at the picture I cant identify whether there is a decompressor lever still on the rocker cover.

If there is what I would be tempted to try is re-routing the oil pipe so that it comes from the back of the bike rather than the front to the bike.

It also looks as if the oil pipe masks the normal bolt hole for the cable bracket.

One drawback of this is that the metal oil pipe will likely run close to the plug lead - sheath it in rubber at this point to reduce risk of spark shorting out.

You could make up a cable bracket from one of the cylinder head studs or from one of the rocker cover bolts - it is going to be tight but would work. the cable routing isnt going to be perfect but you dont need a strong pull to make the valve lifter work and an extra spring (along with the normal Honda return spring) between the outer cable and valve lifter lever will ensure that the valve lifter closes properly.

Gordon

That is a standard Honda decompressor - but whether the proud owner has set it up to work from a lever on the bars like I have I could not say. Normally the cable goes to a fitment to the rear of the kickstart.

Yup,

Pretty standard set-up as far as I'm concerned, watch cable routing under the tank though, you can get a little snagging if you are not careful. Lever and cable can be obtained from that nice Mr Miller in Hampshire, don't know about the lifter it'self

dy

Lever and cable can be obtained from that nice Mr Miller in Hampshire,

The alternative is visit the local pushbike (bicycle) shop and get a plastic mountain bike brake lever, make up your own cable.

but i have just gone back to auto as it's still bl**dy tricky to start sometimes

I found the bike tricky to start using the automatic valve lifter but find it easy with a manual or no valve lifter since you can position the piston correctly before kicking it.