2000 Txt 280 - In Puddles And Water

trialtrial

Well I found out the hard way that my old gasser is not so well designed when it comes to water. Seems if go through a deep puddle or a foot of water, the water (and related crap) will wrap wround the tire, hit the fender and wash right into the airbox. Last week it was plugged solid with water and crap.

Anyone have this problem with their old TXT GG? Any mod to fix it?

Well I found out the hard way that my old gasser is not so well designed when it comes to water. Seems if go through a deep puddle or a foot of water, the water (and related crap) will wrap wround the tire, hit the fender and wash right into the airbox. Last week it was plugged solid with water and crap.

Anyone have this problem with their old TXT GG? Any mod to fix it?

Some Silicone seal in the joints between the fender and airbox helps. Look carefully at all the places where water and grit can travel to the intake. Make sure the lower vent allows water to drain out. For a front intake airbox, like the Pro, a simple plate between the frame tubes works wonders to keep splash from traveling over the engine and into the air intake. Also, make sure the airbox seams are sealed and any sealing gasket is intact.

Jon

post-2532-0-00871600-1332531064.jpg