Twinshock Or Not ?

2plus10

Are they worth the buying ?

Sold my bike the other day so have cash burning a hole and fancy something different.

Couple on ebay at the mo and look like they've been well restored.

What problems will/would I encounter if I do buy one ?

Thanks in advance.

hey a good twinshock is a nice bike to ride and easy to live with

the are well build and you dont loose money on them like on modern bikes

best ones and a lot of spares

yamaha ty

honda tlr

fantic

best regards bob

Ive had my ossa gripper for 20 years ish it has been thrashed with me and i have to say it is the most reliable bike i have ever had!

Get to know its advantages by riding it and you wont regret buying it :)

Steve.

Ive had my ossa gripper for 20 years ish it has been thrashed with me and i have to say it is the most reliable bike i have ever had!

Get to know its advantages by riding it and you wont regret buying it :)

Steve.

:agreed: Ossa i love em bulletproof and steve sell at marlimar can provide just about every spare you'll ever need. Dont get too obsessed with colour and paint. Youre going to use it not polish it. Pick the best one in your price bracket mechanically. Paint is cheap engine rebuilds are not. That applies to all makes not just Ossa.

There is also a nice bultaco close, but maybe slightly more than I'm looking to pay. Do these type of bikes need much upkeep, as mechanically I am hopeless.

All trials bikes need upkeep but assuming the motor is in good condition when you get it, this applies to modern and classic bikes, then just normal clean the brakes, essential on a twinshock with drum brakes, lube the chain and swing arm spindle change oils regularly clean air filter and lube cables check spokes tension chain then thats about it. If that is beyond you get a road bike and take it to a dealer for servicing. Sorry but a fact of life if running a competition motor cycle.

The Fantic's as already posted are surly in weight / power delivery / frame geometry for twinshock trials the best decision you can do.

Then it's up to personal taste, habits and ridingskills.

The Montesa, Bultaco and Ossa's from the end 70's to beginning 80's are good to but a little bit heavier.

The SWM of that time are little bit lighter.

The TY model are good workhorses, the Honda's this is somehow strange when they came out, they where expensive, there where not many around back then, but now you see much more of them (proportionally to the 2-strokers) and they are still expensive.

Which cc would you prefer?