Gear Slector Gasket

bondy

hello guys am still trying to get to the bottom of the oil leak. i have on the final end drive on the front sprocket ive tryed evreything i can think of to stop the leak. theres been oil geting throw from clutch side am thinking this is the cause. of the leak i think the oil thats geting in is the problem. so ive checked the gasket on the slector and it was wafer thin looks like its never been changed. any help would be good

There is a small breather hole for the gear box just behind the kick start shaft If the gear box oil is over full or the bike is over on the left side it will leak out. The selector side would only fill up the clutch case with the gear oil I use 600cc sae 90 in my gear box and tqf in the clutch and mine is use in trials and on the road since new the crank cases have never been split and clutch is orginal

Edited by Naichuff

hi you must miss understand me. the oil is coming from the end of the front sprocket And ive drained the gear oil And its got red in it. so it must be clutch oil geting throw from clutch side. so its filling the gear box up with more oil And causing the leak thats my gess anyway. i only put 500mm of oil in the gear box has this is what i was told to put in when the gear box. is not conpletley dry ive changed all the seals on the clutch side only thing i didnt do was the gasket on the slector. but now ive took it off And the gasket was well worn so i think this is where the red clutch oil is geting throw. cant see it being anything else to be honest. ive also changed the the seal O rings And top hat on the front sprocket And the end shaft seal .

no this is not red oil whats coming out its clear. but ive drained the gear box And theres red in the gear box oil. ive just been to my bike And had a closer look at. the gear slector area ive noticed inside the well were the slector sits.that theres red clutch oil so this is were its geting throw. like i said before the gasket was really worn probley never been changed in about 32 years. you wouldnt see any red oil in this area if its sealed properly with a gasket And sealant thanks for your help