Fan Holder On A 2010 Gas Gas

bobtlr

no comes as a complete unit.

I've also been told the same thing but it doesn't seem to make sense to change from the separate units

that were available prior to the new round tube frame. I've got an inquiry in to the importer to see if this

is, in fact, true.

Jon

John, I was told that it was because people were screwing screws into radiators, like we used to, and puncture the radiators, I dont know who told me this, I think it was Snell. order the fan for an older bike, you might get lucky? I dunno, didnt see much difference in the one I had with like new fan, after we'd smashed & broke the radiator on 08 raga 300, had to order the whole dang thing... I ended up drilling rivits off the 08, to get shroud loose, and using fan and shroud on the 06 NON raga 300, that I still have, when that 06 fan motor went so bad that oiling the bearing
on it would not fix.
Edited by Sting32

John, I was told that it was because people were screwing screws into radiators, like we used to, and puncture the radiators, I dont know who told me this, I think it was Snell. order the fan for an older bike, you might get lucky? I dunno, didnt see much difference in the one I had with like new fan, after we'd smashed & broke the radiator on 08 raga 300, had to order the whole dang thing... I ended up drilling rivits off the 08, to get shroud loose, and using fan and shroud on the 06 NON raga 300, that I still have, when that 06 fan motor went so bad that oiling the bearing
on it would not fix.

Here's what I've found:

The radiator and fan assembly are available as separate units. I think the problem may lie in the fact that the fan and shroud can only be bought as a unit and the fan/shroud/radiator can be bought as a combination item which is what may have lead to the confusion on the part of some dealers.

As an aside, we just put a new type fan/shroud on a 2002 Pro with little problem. The shroud fits fine but the connector was not the same so the fan was wired in (easy two-wire black/blue connection) the "old way"-directly. The fan blade has a wide "center" that acts as a shield for the motor. It works great.

Jon