Final End Drive

bondy

hi as you all know ive had problems with an oil leak coming from the front sprocket. ive done everything i can think of all seals have been changed that i can get to with out spliting the motor. but am thinking the bearing needs changing or the shaft has worn. as anyone had this problem?

hi as you all know ive had problems with an oil leak coming from the front sprocket. ive done everything i can think of all seals have been changed that i can get to with out spliting the motor. but am thinking the bearing needs changing or the shaft has worn. as anyone had this problem?

Sounds like you got to bite the bullet and strip the motor. Obviously check for wear. Also check the bearing and seals are the right size. when you put it back together fit a sealed bearing along with the correct oil seal packing a little grease between the two. Wouldnt be the first time an incorrect bearing or seal has slipped through. Daft question i know but you did fit the seal the right way round didnt you?

Hello Bondy. The countershaft on a Bultaco is in two parts. The inner shaft on a 199A runs on needle bearings so it should be fine. The countershaft sprocket goes on a sleeve that holds the sprocket and sits in the countershaft bearing. If this was worn you would hear it or you would be able to move the sprocket up and down. Then there is a spacer that sits in the seal and holds the sprocket were it should be.This spacer has a rubber O`ring that sits inside the spacer and outside the sleeve. It could be that O`ring at fault or the spacer has a groove worn in it that lets oil past. The small oil seal in the end of the countershaft is hard to get to sit right. If you have a look at your manual it will show exploded views of it all and show where everything goes. Good luck. Bully Lover.

http://sherpamanuels...l/2.10%20Cambio

Have you made sure every thing is assembled like the diagram in the link click on the diagram to enlarge it. Make sure behind the sprocket in order you have 43 oil seal, 21 distance bush with collar towards the bearing, 17 o'ring if its assembled this way with the seal and o'ring in good condition oil will not leak from the bearing, its unlikely that the distance bush has had a groove cut into it by the oil seal but check it anyway. The only other place it can leak is from the little seal 45 that seals the mainshaft 1 from the sleeve gear 6 (the splined part your sprocket goes onto)

All the seals and o'ring are accessible without splitting the cases

The diagram is from the 159 parts book but should be the same for later models.

(Hi bullylover just noticed we posted at the same time)

Edited by mrb505

I know not of the construction of these bikes but if the shaft is worn from the rubber lip of an oil seal you might be able to fit a shaft wear sleave.

These sleeves slide onto the shaft and provide a new sealing surface.

Look up skf wear sleave to get an idea.

These are very handy for a quick repair. Some engines have wear sleaves fitted on shafts as a stock item as it saves having to remove the shafts for repair during the motors serviceable life.

hi guys ive put new o ring new oil seal And new distant bush with the collor is facing the bearing. the oil seal is facing inwards openend. ive also put new seal on the verry end. ive done this twice And study the manual so all in the right way. am gonner have to strip the engin i do have a spare engin in bits so i would use the shaft of that one. or would i be abel to get a new one? any tips on striping the motor? i know to take clutch off weight And magneto. then undo all the nuts on the left side head And barral off then in the oven for 15 minets then carfully split the crank cases.