Gas Gas 280 ... Knocking

stoneygasgas

I Am new to the Trails biking scene but i am a qualified mechanic and have repaired/rebuilt bike engines before, I have been told that the idle gear will sometimes snap a tooth but isnt this just on the 280 PRO's , I have took the side casing off and the kickstart spring,gear,shaft just fell out now i am having big truble in putting it back together anyone got a manual/vidio on how to do this , it would be much appreciated !

My second problem is should all the gears on the clutch side of the engine been timed up or doesnt it matter ??

The idle gear looks to be fine no teeth missing or worn or anything , just to make sure the idle gear is the one with teeth rond the edge and on the back too that acts as a ratchting mechanism .....

Cheers guys Tom !

Stoney,

Have you located the PART PDF file, you might find it on the Gas Gas spain website? It might at least help you figure out what goes where?

when I had one of those old bikes, the manual was on VCR tape, and showed a few things (kinda like the youtube vids do for the pro models).