Wiring ?

lastplacebrad

As you may have seen in my earlier post i have got myself an 04 sy250 , i would like to remove the wiring for the lights/brake switch , it looks fairly complicated on this bike though , anyone know what to do without just removing stuff willy-nilly ? :unsure:

p.s anyone got a manual i can beg,steal,borrow,photocopy !

Edited by lastplacebrad

I seem to recall the manual is available on the Scorpa webpage. If its not then I'll email a copy.

As for the wiring, I would leave it alone. You can remove the headlight and then tape up the plug, ty-wrap it to the brake and clutch hoses etc behind your number board. The rear loom can be pulled forward and then looped up just aboce the shock. Ty-wrap it to the subframe. I can give you a photo but you'll have to wait till tomorrow.

I took all the extra wiring stuff off my '03 SY250. I only had to cut one wire, and I could

solder it back up if needed. I did have to slit some of the protective plastic tubing so I could unravel the whole mess though. I also removed the black cylindrical thing (which I beleive is a battery eliminator type capacitor for the lights). Removing all the junk moved me up a level in my local club!. Ok, not really, but it does make working on the bike a bit easier.

• 3 years later...

I recently picked up an 07 Sy250 and looked everywhere for a wiring diagram to no avail. I prefer as little extra wiring as possible. Decided to attempt removal without a diagram. The majority of the extras were already removed but the harness that goes to the front and the one to the rear were still attached.

Red wires

There were a number of red wires feeding into the front harness.

Peel the wrapping off the front harness.

There will be a junction of red wires. Clip the two that go to the two connectors on the front harness.

Leave the rest of the juction or shorten and rejoin if you prefer.

Black wires

There is a black wire feeding into the front harness and one feeding into the rear.

Remove a small (about 3 inch) covering on the wires near the top of shock you will see a junction of black wires.

Cut the two wires at the junction that go to the front and rear harness.

Leave the rest of the juction.

Now the harness going front and rear can be removed.

Seal up any exposed wire ends.

The pervious poster said they removed the capacitor, but I was told not to or the fan will stop at higher revs.