Boyesen Carbon Tech Reeds Pro 300

jreilly

Have not had a chance to try yet . Was looking for any in put on carb mods that might need to be done.We have a ride this weekend to sort it out.He rides expert line so does no good for me to evaluate .Will post results.JR

MY son has them in his 2012 Beta Evo 3002t and they work very well!!! ( Thanks to support from Mike Komer and Boyesen) Quite different than the V-Force we had before! Just a slight air screw adjustment for us too! Well worth it!

Steve

MY son has them in his 2012 Beta Evo 3002t and they work very well!!! ( Thanks to support from Mike Komer and Boyesen) Quite different than the V-Force we had before! Just a slight air screw adjustment for us too! Well worth it!

Steve

I've used the dual-stage reeds in all my off-road race engines and my personal bikes since Boyesen came out with them. I swear by them as my experience has been they are a very good product and give good value for the expense. I did some dyno testing years ago and they gave boost all throughout the rev range. I have not used the single stage carbon reeds but I would bet they do the job.

Jon

been looking at theese too, I can't find much info on the dual stage vs carbon. Would be good to know the actual difference between how they deliver power at what revs etc. I would guess that the carbon ones are better at high revs but the others better at bottom & mid response.

My son had a good day of riding the gasser with the new carbon tech reeds installed.But it was a muddy day so not the best conditions to evaluate the reeds,not much high rpms going on.Just a miner carb adjustment needed.

Now for another ? thing when bike is warm and shut down it starts very hard seems to not be getting fuel.It was doing this before the new reeds where installed.Is this because it does not have the keihin carb or what.

Thabks Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I have bit the bullet and ordered some carbon reeds today, My therory being that they will give me a sharper power delivery than the dual stage reeds that will suit my riding style as i use 2nd or 3rd most of the time and crack it hard off the bottom. I have also ordered a Thor titanium front pipe.

I have a 09 300 with a high compression head, Still using the delorto but keep looking at a kehin the only thing holding me back is reports that they smooth out the bottom end and i like the instant snap. Im not a rev to the moon and dump the clutch rider as I dont want to wreck my bike so I need bottom end for instant blast!!

I have a 2 day trial at the week end so will report back on my findings.