Sherpa 340 199B Gearbox Oil

sofaboy

Hi this is my first time on the site ,so greetings to all.

I am confused about where to fill the gearbox oil, the clutch is obvious. i cant find this model listed in any manuals, is there one worth having.

any answers much appreciated.

hi mate wellcom. i have 2 bultaco sherpas both 350 199A the one just before the 199B the gear box oil filler cap is abit awkward to get to. its just under the middel down exhaust pipe on top off the engin. should be a black plastic cap or metel one with a slot in it to open it with a flat driver. but you will find you cant get to it with a driver. unless you take the side cover off and you need a long driver. i just tap it round from the side with a flat driver dosnt have to be verry tight. for the manual i dont think they did one for the 199B they didnt do a manual for mine eigther. you can get a manual from bultaco uk but that is only for all 5 speed bults but should help you with most things as all bultacos are more are less the same. hope this helps you? dare say other members will addvice you if you have anymore Questons just ask

no problem. glad you sorted it the cap is in a hard to get place i use a 2 litter bottel cut in half with some tubing throw the cap. takes a wile for the oil to go down but saves striping.