This One's A Cracker

2stroke4stroke

I asked the seller what Dougie Lampkin had to do with this bike...

Here is the response

Dear stecks,

it's supposed to be the model, but it has the sammy miller seat conversion on it, other than that i'm not sure really, another fella tells me its a dougie lampkin majesty and its worth in excess of 4000 pounds

- blazeyd

So there you have it folks

Its a dougie lampkin majesty with a sammy miller seat conversion (a commode in medical terms...) and it weighs in excess of 4000 pounds.

I always knew those Lampkins were tough bar-stewards and this proves it. Martin used to run over Rombalds Moor when he was looking for fitness. Not sure he ever found it though...

What bothers me is that this chap lives in Bolton and that's just up the road from me...

I think to buy a Miller Tank/Seat Combo for my TY 175 and the sell it for 4000 Euros :iamwithstupid:

Why does these people believe in everybody?May we tell him it is not a Miller Tank/Seat combo it is a Tarres works replica Combo he will change it to Tarres/Miller/Lampkin Majesty JT :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Cheers:Mike

There is another answer to this. Some people know exactly what they are selling and find it a little amusing to go along with the banter that comes with the advertised description of the item. I do think some of the items that sell for stupid prices are sometimes down to the guys mates bidding up the item just for a joke . Should have figured it out sooner as its the kind of sick humour I have.

I went to look at a montesa a few years back, it had Malcom Rathmell on the tank/seat

He said he could sell it for a fortune as it had been signed, and it was a one off!

He got very abusive when I told he they all had that :rotfl:

There is another answer to this. Some people know exactly what they are selling and find it a little amusing to go along with the banter that comes with the advertised description of the item. I do think some of the items that sell for stupid prices are sometimes down to the guys mates bidding up the item just for a joke

Couldn't agree more :thumbup:

I suggested in my message to the seller that this bike may have nothing to do with Dougie and I note that he hasn't published my question to him. He did choose to include this information

another fella tells me its a dougie lampkin majesty

...so he is clearly being selective in what he publishes and what he doesn't.

Hopefully honest folks will do some research before buying.

Not sure I'll be bidding. Don't like the Miller Commode much... :closedeyes: Prefer the original tank. It looks perky and it reminds me of Ron Hulme and John Macdonald who rode them when they first came out (Yams I mean... I don't think Ron and John ever came out... ;) )