Rear Shocks

bondy

:unsure: hi am gonner be buying some new rear shocks for my 199A the std size is 340 i was thinking of 350 only because am a heavy rider. wi dont want the bike to look to high at the rear should 350s be ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmh I certainly possible your question includes the assumption that when you are a heavier rider you will loose suspension travel. This is only the case if you leave the adjustment to the standard setup. you can adjust the preload on nearly every shock to fit your weight so you will not have more sag.

I personal would choose the 360mm long shocks if I will have a little bit of an improvement for riding at the rear as this length just fits too. For the classic look especially when the bike stands still the standard lenght fit's best.

Anyway you can use the 350mm lenght too, it is just up to you you are the owner and the rider of the bike. :beer:

Depends to your riding style, I like a rear where compression and rebound is very progressive, so very smooth at first getting harder as longer the shock compressed. Slow or fast? this depends to the impact I believe, anyway for me a more "lively" rear is my personal go.