Bike Servicing/fixing

andy_290

Cheers for the info, I'm in the process of buying an O2 rev3, do you know if the unit is like an upgraded one (say off an 05) or is it another 02 unit?.

Does anybody know why CDI's are prone to giving up? heat build up maybe?

Cheers

Mark

COOL..Marky..but it!!!!!!!!...I've got the 02..so when I'm back we can have matching bikes!! <_< ....could come in handy when I keep snapping the rear guards...can nick one of yours when you're not looking! :D

I really like mine...its the 250...and I've never had a problem with the CDI..but then I dont use a pressure washer..(if that IS the cause?)

Hi Stu, Hows the baby mate?...I'll know Sunday evening if I've got the bike, it's tied in with a deal with my Scorpa and my dealer friend is doing all the leg work........I've been up to see the bike, is a 250.

I would have liked a 200 but moneys a bit tight at the mo so begger can't be choosers :D

I don't think there is a great deal of differance between the model years anyhow........I'll keep the pressure washer thing in mind, but I must admit thats all I use when cleaning my bikes <_<

mark

• 11 months later...

I was just digging through old posts I've made...

Some things I've learned during the year..

_ALWAYS_ use resistor type spark plugs. For example the NGK BPR series. (I've found BPR6EIX, iridium plugs to be nice - cost a lot, but they will last longer even with bad jetting...). Any other resistor type plug would probably be great as well. The point with resistor type plugs is that an electronical egnition doesnt handle too well with "overvoltage". Ie, if the spark plug doesnt generate a spark the electricity would have to "dispatch" to a different location (grounds through the cdi/coil). I don't say you should change your plug mmediately, but next time get an resistor type plug. Just to be safe... (And the iridium version is really nice to throttle response...)

Always disconnect the cdi unit and the coil if you weld on the bike.

Just my really bored 0.02