Can't Get Gears

lee99780

Hi all, again...

Gone from txt pro 125 to 300, love the bike (very scared of it!) The problem is I can't go from neutral to second which could be a problem at start of a section :wall: .

Sometimes while moving I cant even find 2nd from 1st??? its like theres nothing in there?

Any ideas lads?

If its costly just don't tell me!

Cheers Lee

Hi all, again...

Gone from txt pro 125 to 300, love the bike (very scared of it!) The problem is I can't go from neutral to second which could be a problem at start of a section :wall: .

Sometimes while moving I cant even find 2nd from 1st??? its like theres nothing in there?

Any ideas lads?

If its costly just don't tell me!

Cheers Lee

Probably not costly. My guess is that the shift centering spring needs adjustment. It's under the clutch basket.

Jon

wow this Gas Gas forum has more technical problems especially problems related to gear box than any other forum.

Gas Gas truly sucks, I can't wait to get rid of mine, such a pain in the ass, I guess the marketing guys want to make extra profit so they intentionally make it like this, for extra profit from sales of over priced extra parts

Edited by sina

A little more mechanical sympathy would help a lot,these are lightweight transmissions which need a bit respect.

Riding like a Mxer,banging into gear,overloading gears wont work.

Also the amount of damaged gearlevers I see on bikes,whats that doing to the internals.

As a Scorpa rider I don't know how you could catch a Gas Gas gearlever on anything as they're so slim,but I,ve got pals that break them regularly.

Edited by breagh

If its more difficult in one direction - up shifts are hard, but down shifts are better, then the above centering procedure will help. Its not always as obvious and easy as in the video, but if you pay close attention to your adjustments, you can sneak up on the perfect alignment after a few tries.