Trials Tyres

shercoben12

I had a Dunlop on my TYZ and grip was no problem. Had one on my Bultaco (tubeless rim) and it gripped well enough but not as well as an IRC does on that bike. When I had to put a tube in it because it split, the grip worsened noticeably.

In my opinion, as mentioned before, the IRC grips better than the others in mud, lasts longer and still grips when knackered. They are cheaper than Dunlop or Michelin - generally.

I once got a brand new scorpa fitted with dunlops and just could not get it to grip.

I had a slippy grass bank at mu practice place and it was a third gear job with the dunlop on.

went back to the van fitted my spare wheel with an absolutley knackered michelin and i could ride up in first gear. Never bought anything else since. You'd be better off buying a second hand michelin for £20 off somebody than fitting dunlop or pirelli. IRC I have never tried.

I once got a brand new scorpa fitted with dunlops and just could not get it to grip.

I had a slippy grass bank at mu practice place and it was a third gear job with the dunlop on.

went back to the van fitted my spare wheel with an absolutley knackered michelin and i could ride up in first gear. Never bought anything else since. You'd be better off buying a second hand michelin for £20 off somebody than fitting dunlop or pirelli. IRC I have never tried.

You may well be right about the old Dunlop D801's, but the newer D803's have been aroun for some time now. I have no problem with them here, although may be different to the southern UK mud riders who like the IRC.

After all the reports of the IRC's loosing air, I am not even going there. I can easily run the Dunlop at 3psi on a muddy day without issue.

I have seen top US riders run their practice tires to t total nub with the Dunlops, and still find more traction than I can with a new Mich, go figure?

Old age splitting and cracking recently took its toll on my front Mich. Never have kept a trials bike that long tbh. Well, quick ck around and noone seemed to have a front Mich, so Dunlop it was. Called up Ryan Young, in his words"no difference". Cannot state that I can tell a difference so at my level it works, and at his it does not matter, soo wtf?

Don't neglet the front tire!! Yes it is true that the front tire lasts longer than the rear because there is no power being applied to the tire, but I believe the front should be changed before age cracking sets in. I personally noticed a HUGE difference in turning ability every time I put a new tire on the front. Traction is just as important on the front as it is on the rear (unless you ride on the rear tire all the time like the WTC guys)

Just my opinion.