Hi All

skyline1

Hi, I am hoping to be starting trials riding again at 44 years old. I hope it not to late. As a kid I used to have a Bultaco 250, it was way to heavy for me.

I have been way from bike riding for so long even though I do have a 450cc quad that I play on.

I am on the look out for a trials bike at the moment but I may have to sell the quad first.

Its looks like I have some reading to do as I have no idea what bike I should be looking for these days.

Any Ideas fellas? I am 5' 10 & 14 stone. so 250cc up over

cheers

Sherco all the way

Gas gas are good but less reliable

Don't know about beta

Any sherco 250 from 2002 up would make a great bike to start.

The 290 is a hard and tiring bike to ride. You can pick up a 250 sherco on eBay really cheap at the moment:)

The 250 still has alot of power. And is easy to find grip as the 290 just spins the wheel up .

Hope you find a bike soon

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I have been out on My beta Evo 3 times now & I am loving it. I really do have alot to learn though. I am already doing things that I really should not be doing ( am I moving to fast?). The problem is I am going out with friends that have more experiance & are challenging me to much( or are they?) I had a good day out yesterday but managed to break both front & rear mudguards.

I seem to get away with hill climbs & general riding on tracks, but I am not very good at obsticals even small ones which need to get the front wheel up.

Seem to be an absolute pro at getting my bike to climb up trees vertically, its when it comes down the problems start.LOL

I know need to take my time but also build up confidence. Can anybody suggest what I should be learning first please. I do not want to be forking out £150.00 on plastics each time i go out.

Best thing you can do is go practice with friends, especially ones that ride better and are willing to "push" you a bit (and pick you up afterwards)

Let me know how you get the bike to come down from the tree without breaking things, that would be a good skill to learn.

Plastic ties and a drill bit could "stich" your fenders back together, depending on how badly broke they are.