Service Manual For A Techno 200

trumpy

Have a look on the Beta website or even Lampkins. You get a download at either place.

If all else fails email Lampkins and they will tell you what you need to know or can scan or photcopy the bits you need and send them by email/post.

I tried the Beta website and the only downloads appear to be parts manuals and they only go back as far as 2004. Lapkins appears to be the same, does anyone know if service manuals are available and if not how to you service your bikes?

Pindle,

I just bought the Beta 200 advertised on here, picked it up Saturday really nice bike only had a play on it Saturday afternoon in some local woods. I need to find a place to practise locally doing the tight turns etc. The bike has been owned by the same person since 2002 and his Dad owned a garage so I suspect it's been well maintained. So was looking for a service manual / ownwers manual but I'm, not sure they exist, I've searched the internet and asked at Leasure Trail (who sell Beta) .

I have just seen some info on the thread about a newbie with a 270:-) I'm glad I went with the 200 it's nice and easy to ride. has plenty of power to go over logs and delivers it with no drama or snatch

Firstly, well done on your purchase.

Secondly, there is a massive difference between the 200 and the 270. Also a few differences with the techno and the rev3 (which is the 270). Mostly though they all need the same checks and love.

Oily bits need to be clean and oily. Dry bits need to stay dry. Wet bits need to be wet. All bits need to work together as the manufacturer intended.

I would guess (my knowledge does not go back as far as the techno) that the previous owner would be able to tell you how much gear oil it needs and the type he used. I'd stick with that to start with. Run it only on quality pre mix two stroke oil.

Things like adjustments etc can be discussed as you need to do things. Get used to riding a bit a see what you feel is not right, feels weird or makes an odd noise.

From this point there will be loads of advice pouring your way! I'd still try the Beta importer though for the main specs if you can't find elsewhere. You could always email BVM moto and ask them if they have an old manual that could be copied/scanned. Some one will have one I am sure.

If you fancy a trip to South Wales I go out most weekends and also in the week if time allows. I am 5 mins from Jct 23 M4.

Edited by pindie