2003 Gg 280 Pro

vinceg

Hi all, I need to do the o rings in the head and the clutch cover seal but I can't find the torque spec for the bolts anywhere. I looked for a manual but I can't find one anywhere with these values, can anyone shed some light?

Cheers

Easier said than done, Laser! The damned nuts are 13mm, and they are so tight to the cylinder in spots that I haven't figured out how to get a socket and torque wrench on 'em. Of course, my Motion Pro cresent wrench extender for torquing is only in 12/14mm.

Guess I'll have to go find some thin walled 13mm sockets. In the meantime, having just done new rings and Boysen CarbonTech reeds on my '02 Pro, I just cranked down the nuts by hand. ;-(

Easier said than done, Laser! The damned nuts are 13mm, and they are so tight to the cylinder in spots that I haven't figured out how to get a socket and torque wrench on 'em. Of course, my Motion Pro cresent wrench extender for torquing is only in 12/14mm.

Guess I'll have to go find some thin walled 13mm sockets. In the meantime, having just done new rings and Boysen CarbonTech reeds on my '02 Pro, I just cranked down the nuts by hand. ;-(

The front nuts are just about impossible to get any socket on. I thinned down the tip of a 1/2" (fits a little tighter than 13mm) long box wrench (to fit the two front nuts that are really close to the cylinder) and torque them by feel (I've had a little practice). They go to 18/21 ft lbs and you can usually get them fairly close if you do a quick little practice just before with a torque wrench held in vice jaws. Not scientific but it usually works well.

Jon