How To Dismantel The Speedo Drive From The Frontaxle

pschrauber

Hello I hads some problems getting the front axle off my SWM TL.NW.

I just wanted to inspect the front brake as I want to ho to the alpes with the bike and when going downhill good brakes are a must.

I could not get out the axle as the speedo drive did not move anywhere, all bolts and nuts where removed!

It ended like this that I jacked up the bike really high and pulled the hole front end out (with the stanchions!).

This worked very well and I could dismantle the front rear. But agian did not had any possibilitiy to remove the speedo drive, I discoverd

(I could not measure that the axle has a notch! and the speedo sits in this notch, so the axle must be made out of two pieces?

Anywany I tried to dismantle the axle too but had no luck here.

Any Tipps in this case?

PS.:

BTW: the brake pads where OK, I just greased the actuator and cleand the hole unit and I was astonishd how they build the front brake setup, the unit is very light and the complete construction I would have expected mounted to a small moped but not a motorcycle ...

PPS:

I have mounted the complete front end again, wheel with stanchions at once, - what a crazy job -, I do hope someone has the answer here, I don't want to do this again ... :blush: .