Cylinder Head Torque Settin

bondy

hello hall ill be puting my head back on when my barrel comes back from having it rebored. anyway my question is my new torque spanner starts from 5nm to 25nm will i be ok starting off with 5nm then it gose up in 2s untill i get to 15 or 17 nm i know ive ask about the head bolts before but ive spent quit abit on new piston and having it rebord. so i want to do it right first time.

If it was me Bondy, i would tighten them up to half of the required torque, But in the correct SEQUENCE. Then fully torque them up,

Ride a heat cycle through it, let it fully cool, then re,check, and re,torque if needed

(just my two pence worth)

same hear last time i had a trails bike was back in 1988 i bought a nearly new honda tlr 200 ive restord my bultaco but have a gas gas pro 250 regarding where i go well am just in the prosess off looking where to go could really do with joining a club. am thinkig of going to cowm quarry in rochdale with my gas gas. i like going on the trails holidays when to one in cornwall last year great place. just to fare so i found anougther place in staffshire whent there frew months ago. graet place its not like years ago there was loads of places.

hello patrck thanks for the info i should be geting my barrel back this week just had it rebored new piston kit also. my torque spanner only starts with 5nm up to 25nm and gose up in 2nm at a time so ill have to start with the 5nm then work my way up 2 nm at a time. untill i get my 15 and 18nm and if you understand that you know what i mean :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: