Oil Change

bondy

hello all i dont ride my 250 pro that much i was just thinking will the oil be ok? its still bright red throw the window so should it be ok? are would i be beter off changing the oil? how much oil do i put in? think someone said 450mm the gas gas is a 210 model.

cheers for your replys. i got told it should be half way up the window also got told change oil when you can see it changing from red to a dirty red if you get my drift. but to be on the safe side i may just change it wount do it any harm i sopose. now you have said 375mm am not sure wht to put in on 375mm how fare up the window dose your go?

cheers for your replys. i got told it should be half way up the window also got told change oil when you can see it changing from red to a dirty red if you get my drift. but to be on the safe side i may just change it wount do it any harm i sopose. now you have said 375mm am not sure wht to put in on 375mm how fare up the window dose your go?

Most Pro riders find that 400-425cc's seems to work well.

I would not wait until the fluid changes color as by that time you have lost all the advantages to keeping clean oil in the tranny. I also know of few, if any, riders (actually none) who are so adept at discerning transmission fluid color changes I would trust their ability to make maintenance decisions for any of my engines. I usually go 10-15 hours of fairly hard use on my Pro between fluid changes or sooner if the conditions are wet. My engine has 11 years of use and I've not had clutch, crank or transmission problems and I would suspect keeping clean oil in the engine has helped.

I guess what I'm saying is that I just don't see the logic of using a condition of something to be avoided (junk in your oil) as an indicator for action to avoid that condition.

Jon