Seized !

shercoben12

Me and a friend were out tonight after school in our woods when he got stuck at the top of a very steep hill! He dropped the bike and slipped back down the hill.

But he dropped the bike on the throttle side which dug in.

I was at the bottom were we could not Do any thing but watch as we could not climb the hill in timw as it were to slippery.

So we're there watching his favorite thing seize up. It took about 6seconds and man did it rev high then it went silent. He was so angry!

So I went back and towed him back up our little but long 5mile track through fields back to our house. Very crude idea by me was to use a rope wrapped round the right hand foot peg then tied to the forks which ment every time I accelerated he veered off to left or right (can't remember!)

We got it back in the workshop and stripped it down taking the barrel of and exposing The piston and just as we thought it was completely wrecked as was the barrel completely scored as well.

So That's.

if it works as the normal kill switch does it may not work on full revs as there is too much power been generated to kill ,you may after tap into a different wire to break the circuit what could of saved it would of been a bar end bigger than the throttle grip which would create a larger hole in the mud hopefully allowing the throttle to return ,, iam also not sure here but i dont think been flat out on its side untill the fuel runs out the bowl is enough alone to cause a seize up but could be wrong on that one just ive seen plenty trials bikes rev flat out and be ok

if it works as the normal kill switch does it may not work on full revs as there is too much power been generated to kill ,you may after tap into a different wire to break the circuit what could of saved it would of been a bar end bigger than the throttle grip which would create a larger hole in the mud hopefully allowing the throttle to return ,, iam also not sure here but i dont think been flat out on its side untill the fuel runs out the bowl is enough alone to cause a seize up but could be wrong on that one just ive seen plenty trials bikes rev flat out and be ok

I watched a buddies 2006 Gas Gas 300 Sieze at full revs on it's side in about 20 seconds. Full revs and zero load is bad combination. Sad thing was it was a lay over type of crash. Not even a big nasty fall. We did try to come up with a good story though. :popcorn: